Fair Opportunities Employment
Each year thousands of Minnesotans exit incarceration and come back into our community. Too often it feels that even though they have served their sentence, they are continually defined by that worst day,decision or moment.
Ramsey County and the Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County are offering information, resources and events to help employers better understand the value of hiring individuals impacted by the criminal justice system.
- Stop by the Ramsey County Fair Opportunities Coalition booth at the Selby Avenue JazzFest on Saturday, September 9, 11 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. Get information about community resources for employers and residents about fair opportunities employment resources. Let's get everyone to work!
- Power Within Us helps support young adults ages 16-24 who are currently on probation in Ramsey County connect to paid job training and education programs. Resource sessions are held every second Tuesday from 4-5:30 p.m. at Arlington Hills Community Center. Learn more.
- Twin Cities R!se Employer Fair Chance Hiring Guide
- Brennan Center for Justice: Conviction, Imprisonment and Lost Earnings Report
- Brennan Center For Justice: Lost Wages Fact Sheet
- Numbers We Cannot Ignore Presentation by Damon Drake
- Normalizing Opportunity: A Policy Agenda to Promote Economic Advancement for People with Criminal Records - released by Jobs for the Future
- Fair Opportunities Article Series
- March 2023 - Breaking Barriers to Fair Opportunities for job seekers and employers in Ramsey County
- April 2023 - Breaking Barriers Through Art Creates Fair Opportunities
- May 2023 - Fair Opportunities Connections Through Art and The Art of Healing
- June 2023 - In Ramsey County, Ujamaa means Collaboration and Transformation
- July 2023 - Mental Health, Character and Responsibility: Building a Bridge to Reentry
- August 2023 - Intentional Hiring for Justice-Impacted Individuals
Questions? Contact Rebecca.Milbrandt@ramseycounty.us.
The Fair Opportunities Hiring initiative is a collaboration between Ramsey County, the Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County and many community partners, including Alpha Emergence Behavioral Health, Art from the Inside, Repowered, Strive Staffing, Ujamaa Place and We Resolve.